We continued with our kids lock down restaurants tonight and Abigail suggested we have sausage rolls which we all agreed would be delicious and a great recipe for the kids to make. They had fun washing vegetables and shaping the mixture. We used zucchini and radishes in our veggie sausage roll but you can substitute these for what ever vegetables you have on hand such as carrot, leek or capsicum.
– 1 onion
– 1 zucchini
– 2 radishes
– 1 tin black beans, drained
– 8 button mushrooms
– 1/2 C roasted unsalted peanuts
– 2 sprigs thyme
– 2 t Dijon mustard
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 T soy sauce
– 1/2 C peas
– 1 C flour
– 1 C cheese, grated
– 3 sheets store bought puff pastry
– 3 T sesame seeds
1. Cut onion into quarters and add to food processor along with zucchini, radishes, black beans, mushrooms, peanuts and thyme. Blend until well combined.
2. Mix in mustard, salt, pepper, soy sauce, peas, flour and cheese.
3. Lay pastry on bench and form a sausage shape in the middle with the mixture.
4. Fold over pastry and place seam side down on oven tray.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Cut sausage roll into 8 pieces and arrange evenly spaced apart on tray.
7. Bake at 200 for 45 minutes or until cooked through and pastry is golden brown.
8. Serve with your favourite sauce and side salad.