These simple two ingredient bliss balls are made of almonds and dates. They are a great afternoon snack and an awesome addition to the kids lunchbox. Bliss balls can help fight off 3pm junk food snacking. This is because the dates will give you an initial natural sugar burst of energy and the almonds are low on the glycaemic index so give you a sustained amount of energy over the afternoon as they take longer to digest.
– 1 cup dates
– 1 cup natural almonds
1. Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
2. Place dates in food processor and process until smooth and mixture forms a ball. Remove date mixture from food processor.
3. Place almonds in food processor and process until crushed.
4. Return dates to food processor and process until almonds and dates are combined and mixture forms a ball.
5. Shape in balls and store in a container in the fridge.