Need an idea for a toddler Christmas present? This sand box is a great idea if you don’t want to make a full outdoor sandpit or if you have limited space. We have a cat so I wasn’t too keen on the idea of having a large outdoor sandpit. I also like the idea that this can be stored away and brought out every so often so my son doesn’t get sick of playing with it. Who else rotates toys? I think that both my daughter and son will play with this for a long time. He will just about be two at Christmas but I think he will play with it for at least a few more years.
I purchased all items from Mitre 10 Mega Whanganui
– Plastic container with a lid – whatever size you like, I went for 12L
– Washed sand (only bag I could find was 20kg so it will last a lot of refills
– Toy trucks, diggers and tractors OR whatever sandpit toys you like (I have used miniature metal siku toys)
1. Empty sand into plastic container until it is about 1/5 full or however full you would like it.
2. Arrange toy trucks, diggers and tractors.
3. Let the kids play!
4. Replace lid and store away when not in use.