This is the perfect end of week meal to use up all the odds and ends in your fridge. I am all about trying to reduce our family’s food waste so I am always thinking of new ways to use that last bit of cabbage or single carrot left at the bottom of the fridge. We always write a shopping list and plan our meals so that we use up everything we have. For example, cabbages and lettuces are large vegetables so if we buy these we plan a few meals that will use them to make sure we don’t end up throwing them out. These savoury pancakes are a quick and delicious way to end your week.
– 3 eggs
– 200g flour
– 1 C water
– 3 C of vegetables (cabbage, capsicum, carrot, mushroom etc)
– 1 can of corn kernels
– spring onion, coriander and sesame seeds to serve
– mayonnaise and hoisin or your favourite sauce to serve
1. Whisk together eggs, flour and water into a smooth batter.
2. Grate vegetables.
3. Drain corn.
4. Add grated vegetables and corn to batter and mix until combined.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan and add a third of your batter. Cook for approximately 4 minutes each side until golden brown and batter is cooked through.
6. Finely chop spring onion and coriander.
7. To serve sprinkle over spring onion, coriander and sesame seeds and top with your favourite sauce.