Muffins are a super easy way to get kids into the kitchen and learning valuable skills that will help them for life. Sifting, measuring and mixing are all skills that can be learnt and mastered by making muffins. Plums are currently in season in New Zealand. Either you or someone you know probably has an abundance so why not give this plum muffin recipe a go for your morning tea or the kids lunchboxes.
– 1 1/2 C flour
– 1 t baking powder
– a pinch of salt
– 1/2 C brown sugar
– 1/4 C white chocolate chips
– 50g butter, melted
– 1 egg
– 1/2 t baking soda
– 3/4 C milk
– 6 plums, stone removed and cut into chunks
– icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir in chocolate, sugar and plum pieces.
3. Whisk together cool melted butter and egg in a bowl.
4. Dissolve baking soda in milk
5. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Fold with a spatula, be careful not to over-mix.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tin, fill each hole approximately 3/4 full.
7. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until golden and inserted skewer comes out clean.
8. Cool on wire rack. Dust with icing sugar.