This salad makes for a light refreshing dinner ideal for hot summer evenings. Salads can definitely be a whole meal if you make them substantial enough. The saltiness of the halloumi with the sweetness of the peaches is a perfect combination of flavours.
– 1 pack vermicelli noodles
– 4 fresh peaches, sliced
– 1 large carrot, grated
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced
– 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced and deseeded
– 1 block halloumi
– 2 T oil
– 4 shallots, thinly sliced
– small handful of mint and coriander, chopped finely
– 3 T fish sauce
– 2 T rice wine vinegar
– 2 T lime juice
– 1 T caster sugar
– 1 t soy sauce
– 1 t crushed red chilli
1. Soak noodles in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes then drain well.
2. For dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to dissolve sugar.
3. Slice halloumi into 1cm wide strips. Heat oil in frypan over medium heat and fry halloumi for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from frypan and set aside
4. Fry shallots in a little oil until golden and crispy.
5. Place noodles on a serving plate then arrange carrot, capsicum and red onion on top.
6. Follow with peaches and halloumi slices.
7. Sprinkle over fried shallots and herbs.
8. Just before serving pour over dressing.