I put together a tasty nut mix from the Alison’s Pantry section of the supermarket. A tasty snack of nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Nutty snacks are a great pick me up in the afternoon to give you an energy boost and get you through the last couple of hours of work.
– 125g butter
– 1/3 C firmly packed brown sugar
– 2 T golden syrup
– 1 1/2 C rolled oats
– 1 C self-raising flour
– 3/4 C peanuts
– 1/8 C sultanas
– 1/8 C blackcurrant and chia seed pieces
– 2 T pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the over to 160 °C . Line a 18 x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
3. Combine oats, flour, peanuts, sultanas, pumpkin seeds and blackcurrant and chia seed pieces in a large bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients, pour in the butter mixture and stir well.
5. Press the mixture firmly into prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.