– 125g butter, softened
– 1 t golden syrup
– 3/4 C brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 C self-raising flour
– 1 1/2 C icing sugar
– 1 T butter
– 2 T boiling water
– juice of half a lemon
– food colouring
– white chocolate buttons
– icing pens
1. Preheat the oven to 190 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beating well. Sift the flour and mix into the creamed mixture.
3. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared tray. Flatten slightly with a floured fork.
4. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden. Leave on tray for 1-2 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and pour over boiling water. Stir to combine and add lemon juice. Once mixture is well combined add a few drops of food colouring.
2. Using icing pen draw a dot to be the pupil on each white chocolate button.
3. Ice each biscuit and place one, two or three white chocolate eyes on each cookie.
4. Using icing pen draw on zigzag mouths and mouths with teeth to complete the monster faces.