I find it handy to keep a bag of frozen berries in the freezer for pancake toppings or to whip up some muffins like these ones for kids lunchboxes. This is a simple recipe where you put everything together mix and you are done. Perfect for the kids to make in the weekend to prepare for the week ahead.
– 2 C flour
– 4 t baking powder
– 1 C caster sugar
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 1/4 C olive oil
– 1 1/2 C milk
– 1 lemon, zest and juice
– 1 1/2 C mixed frozen berries
– icing sugar, for dusting
– 12 muffin cases
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl.
3. Add egg, olive oil, milk, lemon zest and juice and berries. Fold to combine ingredients, be careful not to over mix.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin cases.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
6. Cool on rack and dust with icing sugar.