Sometimes it is a struggle to find suitable snacks for the kids lunchboxes. Providing them with a range of food that is nutritious and that they will happily eat can be challenging. I have recently discovered Nibblish dried mango, strawberries and pineapple which are delicious. They contain no added sugar or sulphites and are gluten free. It makes for a nice change from the sultanas I usually put in the kids lunchboxes. These cookies are a treat for the kiddos afternoon tea. The mango works well with the white chocolate drops, oats and coconut to make one tasty little cookie.
– 1/2 C plain flour
– 1/3 C sugar
– 2/3 C shredded coconut
– 3/4 C rolled oats
– 1/4 C white chocolate drops
– 1/4 C dried mango
– 50g butter
– 1 T golden syrup
– 1/2 t baking soda
– 2 T boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking powder.
2. Combine flour, sugar, coconut, rolled oats and white chocolate drops.
3. Chop mango into small pieces and add to dry ingredients.
4. Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat.
5. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add to the butter mixture and stir.
6. Stir wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
7. Place level tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared tray. Flatten with a fork.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
9. Leave on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.