We have 3 chickens and therefore get 3 eggs a day which can be a lot some weeks. A great way to use up some eggs is to make a quiche. I am always looking to add variety to the kids kindy lunchboxes. Mini quiches are perfect as they are just as delicious cold as they are hot. You could even get your children to help make them as they are so easy.
– 1 sheet puff pastry
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 c cheese
– 1/2 c peas
– 1 carrot
– 5 spinach leaves
1. Thaw pastry sheet and cut into 9 squares.
2. Place pastry into muffin tin holes.
3. Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl.
4. Grate cheese and carrot and chop spinach.
5. Combine egg, cheese, peas, carrot and spinach.
6. Pour egg mixture into each pastry case.
7. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes or until egg is set.
8. Eat hot or cool and refrigerate for lunchboxes.