We decided to have some fun with a different style of playdough by adding some lavender from the garden. It gave it a lovely scent and texture which is great for adding a another element to this sensory activity. The kids had great fun smelling and moulding this batch of playdough.
– 1/4 C salt
– 3 T oil
– 1 C boiling water
– 3 C flour
– a few drops of food colouring
– handful of lavender stems
1. Mix together salt and oil.
2. Add boiling water and stir until salt is dissolved.
3. Add food colouring and mix.
4. Slowly add flour, stirring as you go. Tip dough out onto bench and knead until soft dough forms.
5. Cut lavender stems into small pieces and work into dough.