Shortbread is a classic Christmas gift. It is sweet and buttery and goes well with any hot drink. Too give your shortbread a point of difference this year why not add some edible flowers. I have simply pressed in a single stem of lavender into each piece of shortbread.
– 250g butter, softened
– 3/4 C icing sugar
– 1/2 C cornflour
– 1 1/2 C flour of your choice (I used Bakels Gluten Free Flour and it worked perfectly)
– 20 lavender stems
1. Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
3. Add cornflour and flour and combine until mixture comes together to form a dough.
4. Roll dough into a log shape and cut into 20 round biscuits.
5. Place on a tray spaced apart. Push a lavender stem into each biscuit.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a rack then store in an airtight container.