What a fun day we have had setting up Kiwi Restaurant and making a yummy meal for our little family to share. Kids restaurant is such an awesome activity idea to do while we are at home on lock down to stop the spread of Covid-19. We started the day with Abigail deciding what main and dessert that she would make at her restaurant. She wanted hot dogs and chocolate pudding with ice cream. Hamish helped her make a vegetarian sausage and I helped her make pudding, recipes for these will be available on the blog soon. She also helped write the shopping list for the ingredients she needed and spent the day colouring in place-mats and menus. She also collected flowers from our garden as table decorations and helped set the table for the restaurant. Miles helped clean the table before the restaurant opened, a key front of house staff member.
– table decorations – we did flowers and glasses
– table cloth
– ingredients for menu
1. Decide on menu and make shopping list of ingredients.
2. Purchase ingredients.
3. Name restaurant and make menus and place-mats with paper and crayons.
4. Pick flowers for table decoration and put in glasses of water or create another table decoration of your choice e.g. candles.
5. Set table with place-mats, cutlery, plates, bowls and coasters.
6. Begin food preparation and cooking.
7. Serve food and enjoy as a family.