Another good bread recipe to make for your family or friends to go with your summer barbeque. I have used basil, flat leaf parsley and curly parsley for my pizza bread but you can use whatever herb combination you have in your garden or at your local supermarket. This recipe makes a super fluffy bread centre and a crispy outside. It is sure to impress your whole family.
Pizza Dough –
– 1 C warm water
– 1 t sugar
– 1 t activated yeast
– 2 1/2 C flour
– 1 T olive oil
– 1/2 t salt
– 50g butter
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 t salt
– 1/2 C chopped herbs (I used flat leaf parsley, curly parsley and basil)
1. In a bowl of a mixer combine warm water and sugar then sprinkle over yeast. Leave for 10 minutes for yeast to active and foam up.
2. Attach dough hook to mixer and add in flour, olive oil and salt.
4. Knead on medium speed for 5 minutes.
5. Remove hook and let dough rest until doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 220 °C.
7. Soften butter in microwave, approximately 15 seconds on high.
8. Add crushed garlic cloves, salt and finely chopped herbs.
9. Lightly flour an oven tray and roll out dough to approximately 1 cm thick oval shape.
10. Spread over the herb garlic butter.
11. Bake pizza bread for approximately 12 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
12. Slice and serve.