We are just picking the last of our delicious figs and pears and I wanted to make a yummy dessert to share with my husband as we go into lock down for at least the next 4 weeks. This dessert could be made with whatever fruit you have and would work well with fruits like apples or peaches. The crispy pastry tastes so good with the sweet caramel sauce and warm fruit.
– 125g sugar
– 40g butter
– 1/2 t ground ginger
– 1/2 t ground cinnamon
– 6 figs
– 1 pear
– 1 sheet store brought puff pastry
– ice cream or cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and add the sugar and heat until it becomes a caramel colour, stirring constantly.
3. Chop butter into cubes and add to pan with spices and stir to combine.
4. Chop figs into quarters and core pear and cut into wedges.
4. Place fruit into caramel mixture and turn down the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until fruit is tender.
5. Place sheet of pastry over the caramel and fruit.
6. Bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
7. Allow to cool slightly then place a large plate over the top and carefully turn the tart out onto a plate.
8. Serve with ice cream or cream.