We are collecting feijoas by the bucketful at the moment so I decided to make a feijoa and sultana loaf to use a few up. We will definitely be freezing many feijoas so we can enjoy them all year round. This loaf goes great with a hot cup of tea.
– 1 C feijoas (peeled and chopped)
– 1 C boiling water
– 1 C white sugar
– 50g butter
– 1/2 C sultanas
– 1 egg
– 1 t baking soda
– 2 t baking powder
– 2 C flour
1. Place feijoas, water, sugar, butter and sultanas into a medium sized pot.
2. Simmer for 5 minutes and then let cool slightly.
3. Add egg, baking soda, baking powder and flour and mix until well combined.
4. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour in mixture.
5. Bake in oven at 180 °C for approximately 45 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
6. Cool on rack.