Who doesn’t love freshly baked bread? This is a super simple bread recipe that can be whipped up to have with dips or along side a hearty winter soup.
– 3 t dry yeast
– 3 t sugar
– 350ml warm water
– 500g high grade flour, sifted
– 2 t salt
– 1 T olive oil
– 2 T pumpkin seeds
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine yeast, sugar and warm water. Let this sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
2. Add sifted flour and salt. Knead with hands for 5-10 minutes or alternatively use a dough hook attachment on an electric mixer.
3. Cover with a tea towel and leave it to prove for an hour or until doubled in size.
4. Shape dough into loaf shape and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Leave to prove again while you preheat the oven to 200 °C.
5. Drizzle the top of the loaf with olive oil and sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. The bread is ready when it sounds hollow when you give it a little tap.