This dairy-free chocolate is delicious for dessert or in the afternoon with a hot cup of tea. I have used soy milk but you can use any dairy milk alternative you have on hand. This cake is sure to please the dairy-free friends in your life.
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 3/4 C sugar
- 3/4 C cocoa
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 C soy milk
- 1 C boiling water
- 2 C icing sugar
- 2 T olivani spread (margarine)
- 2 T cocoa
- Boiling water
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, oil, soy milk and water. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into lined cake tin and bake at 160°C for approximately 50 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes then transfer onto wire rack to completely cool.
- For icing – Combine icing sugar, olivani and cocoa in a bowl. Gradually add boiling water until icing comes together and is a spreadable consistency.