Pikelets are so quick and easy to make and use pantry staples. Such a great recipe to get the kids involved in cooking. They are delicious served warm with your favourite topping. We served ours with homemade plum jam.
– 1 C flour
– 1 t baking powder
– 1/4 t salt
– 1 egg
– 1/4 C brown sugar
– 3/4 C milk
– butter for frying
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. In another bowl, whisk egg and sugar together.
3. Add egg mixture and milk to sifted ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a hot greased fry pan. Turn pikelets once bubbles start to form on the surface and cook until golden.
5. Serve with your favourite toppings – cream, butter, jam, golden syrup.