If you are looking for a salad with a bit of festive flare then why not give this Christmas wreath salad a go. Today we are heading to a Christmas barbeque so this was the perfect recipe to whip up to take along. It would make a great addition to a summer Christmas dinner table. By putting the dressing in a ramekin in the centre it means you can add it closer to serving time and makes for a portable dish.
– 1 orange kumara
– 1/2 small crown pumpkin
– 2 T oil
– 1 bag of spinach
– 1 yellow capsicum
– 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
– 1 handful mint leaves
– 1 handful flat leaf parsley
– juice 1 large lemon
– 1 heaped t dijon mustard
– 1 garlic clove
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C.
2. Peel and chop pumpkin and kumara into bite sized cubes.
3. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
4. Bake for 20 minutes then turn. Place back in the oven for further 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
5. Place a ramekin in the middle of a big circle serving dish. Spread spinach leaves around it.
6. Scatter over cooled pumpkin and kumara.
7. Dice capsicum, slice cherry tomatoes in half and scatter these over the top.
8. Wash and finely slice mint and parsley and sprinkle these over the salad.
9. To make dressing: Juice lemon and finely grate garlic. Add these along with dijon mustard to a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined. Pour into ramekin in the centre of your salad. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
10. Just prior to serving pour dressing over salad.