Everyone loves cookies! These chocolate chip peanut brownies are so quick to whip up and it makes quite a few biscuits so is perfect if you need to bring morning tea to work or school. It is a great recipe to get the kids involved as you cannot over-mix it. So the little ones can mix until their little hearts are content.
-125g butter, softened
– 1 C sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 1/2 C plain flour
– 1 t baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 2 T cocoa powder
– 1 C roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
– 1/4 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Add egg and beat well.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together. Add to creamed mixture along with peanuts and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
5. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on prepared tray. Press down with a fork.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.