If you are looking for an easy impressive dessert then this is it. Cheesecake brownie is delicious served warm as a pudding with cream/ice cream or cold sliced and popped into the lunchbox as a treat.
– 150g butter
– 1 C cocoa
– 4 eggs
– 2 C sugar
– 1 t vanilla essence
– 3/4 C flour
– 1 t baking powder
– 150g chocolate buttons
– 250g cream cheese
– 1/4 C sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/2 t vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
2. For brownie: melt butter and stir in cocoa. Add eggs one at a time, beating each time.
3. Add sugar, vanilla, sifted flour, baking powder and chocolate. Stir well.
4. Pour 3/4 of the mixture into prepared tin.
5. For cheesecake mixture: combine cream cheese and butter in a mixer.
6. Add egg and vanilla essence and stir until well combined.
7. Spread cheesecake mixture over the brownie in the tin.
8. Place dollops of the remaining brownie mixture over top of the cheesecake layer.
9. Use a skewer or knife to swirl brownie and cheesecake batter together.
10. Bake for approximately 50 minutes and allow to cool completely before cutting.