Anyone else missing a cheese scone and coffee from their favourite cafe? I definitely am. I love a good coffee date. Decided that I would make my own batch of scones to get me through these final weeks of lock down. You can’t bet a hot cheese scone with a thick layer of butter.
– 3 C flour
– 5 t baking powder
– 1/4 t salt
– 1 t smoked paprika
– 75g butter
– 1 C tasty cheese
– bunch of parsley
– 1 1/4 C milk plus extra for brushing
– 1/4 C parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 220 °C and flour a baking tray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and smoked paprika into a bowl.
3. Grate in butter and rub into flour mixture with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Grate tasty cheese and finely chop parsley.
5. Stir in tasty cheese and parsley.
6. Add milk and mix with a knife to form a sticky dough.
7. Roll out dough onto prepared tray and cut into 12 even pieces.
8. Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
10. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm with butter.