We all love a good soft taco. How good is food you can pick up and eat with your hands. This is a tasty vegetarian taco option to incorporate into your menu plan. The mince gets the hearty savoury flavour from the mix of mushrooms, peanuts and black pepper. This is a quick mixture to prepare and one the kids will love too.
Savoury Mince –
– 1 onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 C peanuts
– 250g button mushrooms
– 1 T oil
– 1 C vegetable stock
– 3 T soy sauce
– 2 t ground black pepper
– 2 t smoked paprika
– 1 can black beans
– 1 avocado
– 2 medium tomatoes
– 1/2 red onion
– 1/2 t lime juice
– 1 bunch coriander
To serve –
– 1 packet soft tacos
– fresh vegetables (lettuce, cucumber, corn)
– sauces (chipotle, mayonnaise)
1. Savoury mince: Cut onion into quarters and place in food processor with garlic and peanuts. Process for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and process for another 30 seconds.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan and fry mushroom mixture for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
3. Add vegetable stock, soy sauce, pepper, paprika and black beans.
4. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, approximately 15 minutes.
5. Guacamole: Dice red onion, tomatoes and chop coriander. Mash avocado in a small bowl. Add red onion, tomato, lime juice and coriander. Mix to combine ingredients.
6. Assemble: Place chosen chopped fresh vegetables on the base of the soft taco. Top with mince and guacamole and a drizzle of chosen sauces.