If you are looking for a healthy alternative to ice cream then you are looking in the right place. All you need is to freeze some bananas! You can flavour your ice cream with whatever you feel like maybe chocolate chips, nuts, cocoa, coconut flakes or honey. It is great for kids as it can be a sugar-free and dairy-free dessert option. My kids love it and think they are getting a treat when actually they are just eating another serving of fruit. Perfect!
Chocolate Nut Banana Ice Cream
– 2 large or 3 small bananas
– 2 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
– 2 heaped teaspoons crunchy peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
1. Peel and chop banana into chunks. Place in snap lock bag and freeze for at least 3 hours.
2. Place banana chunks in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
3. Add cocoa powder and peanut butter, whizz to combine.
4. Spoon into serving bowl and top with chopped almonds.