Stone fruit are currently in season in New Zealand. I love summer fruit, they make such sweet, juicy and refreshing desserts. This is an alternative way to serve your traditional crumble and looks lovely on the plate for your guests. I have served my baked peaches with almond crumble topping with a classic hokey pokey ice cream. The peaches could also be served with yoghurt, cream or custard. You could easily swap peaches for other fruit such as nectarines, plums, apples or pears.
– 1/3 C plain flour
– 1/3 C oats
– 1/3 C shredded coconut
– 1 C brown sugar
– 1/4 C ground almonds
– 2 T sliced almonds
– 2 T whole roasted almonds
– 125g butter
– 8 fresh peaches
– ice cream, custard or cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, oats, coconut, brown sugar and ground almonds.
3. Stir through sliced and whole almonds.
4. Cut butter into cubes and rub into mixture with fingertips.
5. Slice peaches in half and remove stone.
6. Top each peach half with crumble topping.
7. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until topping is golden and peaches are soft.