After a simple snack to impress your guests this summer. Why not try this baked camembert with puff pastry and Pams basil pesto chunky dip. It is quick and easy to prepare and who doesn’t like delicious melting cheese. Tear off the pesto pastry twists and dip them into the middle of the melted cheese. We served this as a late evening snack prior to our new years eve countdown, it went down nicely with a cold glass of wine.
– 2 sheets puff pastry
– 1 basil pesto chunky dip
– 1 wheel of camembert cheese
– milk for brushing pastry
1. Defrost sheets of pastry. Preheat oven to 200 °C.
2. Place one sheet of pastry on oven tray.
3. Place camembert wheel in the middle of the sheet of pastry.
4. Spread pesto dip onto pastry around the camembert wheel.
5. Place second piece of pastry over the cheese and dip. Press down around the cheese wheel.
6. Make 1-2cm wide cuts in pastry on diagonal lines from the cheese wheel outwards. Twist these pieces of pastry.
7. Make a few slits in the pastry on top of the cheese.
8. Brush the pastry with milk.
9. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
10. Serve immediately.