Autumn is here which means feijoas are falling from the tree daily. The evenings are getting cooler so cozy up on the couch with this nice warm feijoa and plum cobbler.
- 700g fruit – plums halved, feijoas halved and flesh scooped out
- 2 T maple syrup
- 40g ground almonds
- 100g flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 100g butter, cubed at room temperature
- 1 t ginger
- 2 T brown sugar
- Handful of whole almonds and walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place plums and feijoas in the bottom of a large ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle maple syrup over fruit.
- Combine ground almonds, flour, baking powder and first measure of brown sugar in a bowl.
- Rub cubed butter into flour mixture.
- Sprinkle cobbler mixture over fruit.
- Combine second measure of brown sugar and ginger and sprinkle over cobbler mixture followed by almonds and walnut pieces.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with cream or ice cream.