My kids like most kids love messy play so much. This slime recipe was perfect for them as it is non-toxic and edible which is a relief when you have kids that put absolutely EVERYTHING in their mouths. As you can see from the photos, Miles had a good old taste of this mixture although he did not go back for more as I don’t think it is very tasty.
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 1 3/4 cups water
– A couple of drops of food colouring
– 3-4 cups cornflour/cornstarch
1. Mix chia seeds, water and food colouring in a bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Uncover and mix in cornflour, one cup at a time. Continue until desired consistency is achieved. It should not be too sticky and come off your hands easily (as you can see ours could have done with a little more cornflour as it did stick a bit to the kids hands).
4. Store covered in the refrigerator and add a little water each time you use it to get the right consistency.