Colour by numbers is such an awesome activity for preschoolers as it helps them practice multiple skills. They need to recognize numbers, match numbers, identify colours and finally colour in the appropriate section. My daughter absolutely loved this activity and she quickly got the concept to be able to complete it independently. You could choose whatever pictures your child is interested in and make them more difficult for older children.
– black marker pen
– colouring in pencils/crayons/paints
1. Draw the outline of a simple picture e.g. butterfly, bee, flower, fish or dinosaur.
2. Write a number on each section.
3. Create a colour key in the corner of the page. This will show your child which colour each numbered section is suppose to be.
4. Time for your child to colour by number.